Wonder Woman 1984
Premiere info coming soon!
Cast: Gal Gadot, Pedro Pascal, Connie Nielsen, Robin Wright, Chris Pine, Kristen Wiig
Wonder Woman squares off against the Cheetah, a villainess who possesses superhuman strength and agility.
Director: Patty Jenkins
Budget: $175 million USD
- Wonder Woman 1984 is the ninth film in the DC Extended Universe.
- The release date for this sequel had been moved six times! Originally scheduled for December 20, 2019, it was moved to November 8, 2019 to avoid competition against Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, but when No Time to Die had a change in release dates, WW84 got moved forward by one week for a November 1, 2019 release. However, it got pushed back to June 5, 2020 when Warner Bros. realised production would be too rushed in order to meet the November ’19 release and was delayed once again in March 2020 due to COVID-19, with an expected release date of August 14, 2020. In June, the film was pushed back for a final time, moving to October 2, 2020.
- When Emma Stone declined the role of Barbara Ann Minerva/Cheetah, Patty Jenkins offered the role to Kristen Wiig.
- Filming began in June 2018 and wrapped December 2018, after a six-month shoot. Additional photography was then shot between July and August 2019 in London.
- This is the first live action appearance of Cheetah. All previous appearances were in animations.