The Lion King
Simba, a young lion prince, flees his kingdom after the murder of his father, Mufasa. Years later, a chance encounter with Nala, a lioness, causes him to return and take back what is rightfully his.
Director: Jon Favreau
Budget: $260 million
Box office: $1.657 million
Los Angeles Premiere
When: Tuesday 9th July 2019
Where: Dolby Theatre, Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
When: Thursday 11th July 2019
Where: Le Grand Rex, Paris, France
When: Sunday 14th July 2019
Where: Leicester Square, London
When: Tuesday 16th July 2019
Where: HOYTS Entertainment Quarter, Melbourne, Australia
When: Wednesday 17th July 2019
Where: Scotiabank Theatre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
When: Monday 22nd July 2019
Where: Toshima Arts and Culture Theatre, Tokyo, Japan
- James Earl Jones voiced Mufasa in the 1994 cartoon as well as well as the live-action! He was the only cast member from the original film who got to reprise his role.
- The budget was $260 million, making it one of the most expensive films ever made.
- Benedict Cumberbatch was offered to voice Scar but turned down the role.
- Jon Favreau was a huge fan of Billy Eichner so when Favreau approached Eichner’s agent, he said yes straightaway and didn’t even audition for the role of Timon!
- Although the film is entirely CGI, Jon Favreau managed to slip in one real-life shot! The first shot of the movie, at the beginning of “The Circle of Life”, Favreau included a photographed image production took in Africa to see if anyone would notice the difference! Did you notice?!