Terminator: Dark Fate
An augmented human and Sarah Connor must stop an advanced liquid Terminator from hunting down a young girl, whose fate is critical to the human race.
Director: Tim Miller
Budget: $185 million
Box office: $233.7 million
Los Angeles Premiere
When: *CANCELLED* Wednesday 28th October 2019
Where: TCL Chinese Theatre, Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
Paramount Pictures and Skydance had to cancel the Hollywood premiere due to wildfires impacting Los Angeles.
When: Wednesday 6th November 2019
Where: Tokyo, Japan
- Mackenzie Davis performed her fight scene fully nude and declined the modesty underwear which the costumes department had for her. She told Jimmy Kimmel it was “cool because you can’t get tripped up with anything so you just sort of really understand your limitations.”. She also said “There’s a lot of adrenaline about being naked in front of people so that affects the weight of your punches” when talking about her decision not to wear the “disgusting underwear”.
- Fitness trainer Mackie Shilstone worked with Linda Hamilton to prepare her for her role. Hamilton went on a carb-free diet and trained for a year in preparation!
- Brett Azar serves as Arnold Schwarzenegger’s body double. Schwarenegger’s face was edited on his body for his younger clone in the film.
- Tencent Pictures financed 10% of the film’s budget whilst leading the marketing, distribution and merchandising across China.
- Natalia Reyes didn’t know she was auditioning for Terminator: Dark Fate. When she sent in her first audition tape, all she knew what that it was for a big American movie.
- Filming began in May 2018 and concluded by November 2018.
- The film was shot in Spain, UK, Hungary, Los Angeles and Chicago, USA.