Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Shang-Chi, the master of unarmed weaponry based Kung Fu, is forced to confront his past after being drawn into the Ten Rings organization.
Director: Destin Daniel Cretton
Box office: TBC
Budget: $150 million
Los Angeles Premiere
When: Monday 16th August 2021
Where: El Capitan Theatre, Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is the first Marvel Studios film to have an Asian-led cast.
- In 2014, Simu Liu tweeted Marvel “Hey @Marvel, great job with Cpt America and Thor. Now how about an Asian American hero?”. Ironically, he scored the lead as Marvel’s Asian America hero years later!
- This is the first Marvel film not to be executive produced by Stan Lee.
- Michelle Yeoh played Aleta Ogord in Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 (2017). She plays a different character (Ying Nan) in this film, making her one of the very few actors to have two different roles in the MCU.
- Lewis Tan was considered for the role of Shang-Chi but lost out to Simu Liu. Frankly, he still scored a lead role soon enough – as Cole Young in Mortal Korbat (2021)!