Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
Maleficent travels to a grand old castle to celebrate young Aurora’s upcoming wedding to Prince Phillip. While there, she meets Aurora’s future mother-in-law — a conniving queen who hatches a devious plot to destroy the land’s fairies. Hoping to stop her, Maleficent joins forces with a seasoned warrior and a group of outcasts to battle the queen and her powerful army.
Director: Joachim Rønning
Budget: $185 million
Box office: $491.7 million
Los Angeles Premiere
When: Monday 30th September 2019
Where: El Capitan Theatre, Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
When: Thursday 3rd October 2019
Where: Tokyo, Japan
When: Monday 7th October 2019
Where: Auditorium della Conciliazione, Rome, Italy
When: Wednesday 9th October 2019
Where: BFI IMAX, London, Waterloo
- The film was released on the 60th anniversary of the original Sleeping Beauty (1959).
- Harris Dickinson replaced Brenton Thwaite as Prince Phillip as Thwaite was unable to reprise the role due to scheduling conflicts with filming for Titan (2018).
- Filming took place between May 2018 and August 2018, primarily shot at Pinewood Studios, UK.
- Moving Picture Company and Mill Film provided visual effects for the sequel.
- The film’s score was composed by Geoff Zanelli.