David Dunn tries to stay one step ahead of the law while delivering vigilante justice on the streets of Philadelphia. His special talents soon put him on a collision course with the Beast — the psychotic madman who has superhuman strength and 23 distinct personalities. Their epic showdown leads them to an encounter with the mysterious Elijah Price, the criminal mastermind who holds critical secrets for both men.
Director: M. Night Shyamalan
Budget: $20 million
Box office: $247 million
When: Wednesday 9th January 2019
Where: Curzon Mayfair, London
New York Premiere
When: Tuesday 15th January 2019
Where: SVA Theatre, New York, NY
- The film acts as a crossover and sequel to Director M. Night Shyamalan’s previous films, Unbreakable (2000) and Split (2016).
- Deleted scenes from 2000’s Unbreakable was included in Glass! The footage was used as flashbacks to Elijah and Joseph’s childhood.
- Director M. Night Shyamalan financed this film (as well as Split and his other 2015 horror The Visit) on his own, so he could have more creative control throughout production! He used the profits from his previous projects and re-mortgaged his Pennsylvania house to self-finance Glass.
- Although Sarah Paulson’s role was written for a man, she said yes to starring in the film without even reading the script! When Shyamalan offered her the part of Dr. Ellie Staple, she didn’t hesitate to take it as she really wanted to work with the director.
- Filming took place over a 39-day shoot, beginning October 2017.