Henry Brogan is an elite 51-year-old assassin who’s ready to call it quits after completing his 72nd job. His plans get turned upside down when he becomes the target of a mysterious operative who can seemingly predict his every move. To his horror, Brogan soon learns that the man who’s trying to kill him is a younger, faster, cloned version of himself.
Director: Ang Lee
Budget: $138 million
Box office: $173.5 million
Los Angeles Premiere
When: Sunday 6th October 2019
Where: TCL Chinese Theatre, Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
When: Thursday 17th October 2019
Where: Toho Cinemas, Roppongi Hills, Tokyo, Japan
When: Monday 21st October 2019
Where: Miramar Da-Zhi Cinema, Tapei City, Taiwan
- The film had been in development by Disney in the late 90s with Tony Scott originally set to direct. However, work on the film was cancelled as CG imagery wasn’t at its finest and advanced visual effects were required to be able to create a younger version of the lead actor.
- Harrison Ford, Pierce Brosnan, John Travolta, Bruce Willis and Sylvester Stallone were all considered for the lead role when the project was in the hands of Disney.
- Skydance Media acquired the rights from Disney in 2016.
- Weta Digital provided visual effects.
- Filming locations included Fisherman’s Bastion, Matthias Church and Széchenyi Thermal Bath in Budapest, Hungary.