Years following the events of Shinning (1980), a now-adult Dan Torrance must protect a young girl with similar powers from a cult known as The True Knot, who prey on children with powers to remain immortal.
Director: Mike Flanagan
Budget: $45 million
Box office: $72.3 million
Los Angeles Premiere
When: Thursday 29th October 2019
Where: Regency Village Theatre, Westwood, Los Angeles, CA
- Three shots from The Shining (1980) was used in this film! These include; the aerial shot of the water and the island as well as the two shots after it of the car driving on the mountain road. The shots had snow digitally added and were de-grained and re-coloured as day-for-night in the final cut!
- The film is based on Stephen King’s 2013 novel of the same name and acts as a sequel to Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining.
- Chris Evans, Dan Stevens, Matt Smith and Jeremy Renner were all considered for the role of Danny Torrance before it went to Ewan McGregor.
- Danny Lloyd who played Danny Torrance in 1980’s The Shining has a cameo in this film! He is credited as ‘Spectator’ at the baseball game.
- Filming took place in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.