Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Shang-Chi, the master of unarmed weaponry based Kung Fu, is forced to confront his past after being drawn into the Ten Rings organization.
Director: Destin Daniel Cretton
Box office: TBC
Budget: $150 million
Los Angeles Premiere
When: Monday 16th August 2021
Where: El Capitan Theatre, Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is the first Marvel Studios film to have an Asian-led cast.
- In 2014, Simu Liu tweeted Marvel “Hey @Marvel, great job with Cpt America and Thor. Now how about an Asian American hero?”. Ironically, he scored the lead as Marvel’s Asian America hero years later!
- This is the first Marvel film not to be executive produced by Stan Lee.
- Michelle Yeoh played Aleta Ogord in Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 (2017). She plays a different character (Ying Nan) in this film, making her one of the very few actors to have two different roles in the MCU.
- Lewis Tan was considered for the role of Shang-Chi but lost out to Simu Liu. Frankly, he still scored a lead role soon enough – as Cole Young in Mortal Korbat (2021)!
64th BFI London Film Festival
Opening film: Mangrove
Closing film: Ammonite
When: Wednesday 7th Oct 2020 – Sunday 18th October 2020
Where: Across the UK and online around the world
- This is the first time in BFI’s history that the festival is taking place virtually!
- UK premieres will be available to enjoy online via BFI Player or in cinemas at BFI Southbank, around London, and throughout the UK.
Wonder Woman 1984
Premiere info coming soon!
Cast: Gal Gadot, Pedro Pascal, Connie Nielsen, Robin Wright, Chris Pine, Kristen Wiig
Wonder Woman squares off against the Cheetah, a villainess who possesses superhuman strength and agility.
Director: Patty Jenkins
Budget: $175 million USD
- Wonder Woman 1984 is the ninth film in the DC Extended Universe.
- The release date for this sequel had been moved six times! Originally scheduled for December 20, 2019, it was moved to November 8, 2019 to avoid competition against Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, but when No Time to Die had a change in release dates, WW84 got moved forward by one week for a November 1, 2019 release. However, it got pushed back to June 5, 2020 when Warner Bros. realised production would be too rushed in order to meet the November ’19 release and was delayed once again in March 2020 due to COVID-19, with an expected release date of August 14, 2020. In June, the film was pushed back for a final time, moving to October 2, 2020.
- When Emma Stone declined the role of Barbara Ann Minerva/Cheetah, Patty Jenkins offered the role to Kristen Wiig.
- Filming began in June 2018 and wrapped December 2018, after a six-month shoot. Additional photography was then shot between July and August 2019 in London.
- This is the first live action appearance of Cheetah. All previous appearances were in animations.