A bank teller discovers that he’s actually an NPC inside a brutal, open world video game.
Director: Shawn Levy
Box office: TBC
Budget: $100–125 million
New York City Premiere
When: Tuesday 3rd August 2021
Where: AMC Lincoln Square 13 Theater, New York City, NY
- This film marks Alex Trebek’s final cameo in film, following his death in November 2020.
- Ryan Reynolds also served as a Producer on the film.
- The film was initially scheduled for release July 3, 2020 however, it was postponed for release until August 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This is one of the first films to be released under 20th Century Studios, following 20th Century Fox’s merger with Disney.
- Hugh Jackman, Dwayne Johnson, John Krasinski are amongst many actors to have a cameo in the movie!
The Suicide Squad
Supervillains Harley Quinn, Bloodsport, Peacemaker and a collection of nutty cons at Belle Reve prison join the super-secret, super-shady Task Force X as they are dropped off at the remote, enemy-infused island of Corto Maltese.
Director: James Gunn
Box office: TBC
Budget: $185 million
Los Angeles Premiere
When: Monday 2nd August 2021
Where: Regency Village Theatre, Los Angeles, California
- The Suicide Squad (2021) is not a direct sequel to Suicide Squad (2016). It instead, acts as a standalone film as a soft reboot to David Ayer’s film.
- Will Smith dropped out of The Suicide Squad due to scheduling conflicts. That left Viola Davis, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman and Jai Courtney as the only cast members from 2016’s Suicide Squad to reprise their respective roles in James Gunn’s take.
- Idris Elba was initially rumoured to replace Will Smith as Deadshot but it was later revealed that he was cast as a completely new character, Bloodsport.
- Warner Bros. gave James Gunn full creative control over which DC characters he wanted to feature in The Suicide Squad.
- During early stages of development, Mel Gibson was considered to direct.