Brittany Runs a Marathon
A hard-partying woman receives a startling wake-up call when a visit to the doctor reveals how unhealthy she is. Motivated to lose weight, she soon takes up running to help her prepare for her ultimate goal of competing in the New York City Marathon.
Director: Paul Downs Colaizzo
Box office: $7.4 million
Los Angeles Premiere
When: Thursday 15th August 2019
Where: Regal L.A. Live, Los Angeles, CA
When: Wednesday 23rd October 2019
Where: The Ham Yard Hotel, Soho, London
- Filming actually took place during the New York City Marathon, marking the first time a non-documentary production has been allowed to shoot during the annual marathon!
- As did her character, Jillian Bell also lost 40lbs during filming.
- Jillian Bell worked closely with a marathon trainer to establish a running style for the film to show the journey of transforming from a beginner to expert runner.
- The film marks Paul Downs Calaizzo’s directorial debut.
- Brittany O’Neill was the inspiration behind the film, and is also a close friend/former roommate of the director. Her experience inspired him to make this film!