After the devastating events of Avengers: Infinity War (2018), the universe is in ruins. With the help of remaining allies, the Avengers assemble once more in order to reverse Thanos’ actions and restore balance to the universe.
Director: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo
Budget: $356 million
Box office: $2.797 billion
When: Friday 19th April 2019
Where: Seoul, South Korea
Los Angeles Premiere
When: Wednesday 22nd April 2019
Where: Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, CA
When: Friday 10th April 2019
Where: Picturehouse Central, Piccadilly Circus, London
- Robert Downey Jr. was the only cast member who read the script from beginning to end! As the film’s storyline was top secret, the rest of the cast read their scenes only.
- The phrase “I love you 3000” was actually written into the script after Robert Downey Jr. told the directors that one of his kids once said it to him! When Joe and Anthony Russo shared the story with screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, they loved the line so much, it became part of the script!
- Avengers: Endgame is the third most-expensive film ever made and the highest-grossing film of all time, having grossed $2.7 billion at the worldwide box-office against at $356 million budget!
- Endgame marks Stan Lee’s final Marvel cameo, before his death in 2017.
- Infinity War and Endgame were filmed back-to-back.
- Brie Larson shot her Endgame scenes before filming for Captain Marvel!
- Marvel spent around $200 million on marketing alone!
- Although Natalie Portman reprises her role as Jane Foster in Avengers: Endgame, she only had to record some dialogue for her scenes! The actual footage starring Portman was unused footage from Thor: The Dark World!
- Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly shot this film at the same time as Ant-Man and The Wasp.
- Joe Russo’s daughters Ava and Lia Mariella both have cameos in the film! Ava Russo stars as Hawkeys’s daughter Lila whilst Lia Mariella Russo plays one of Hulk’s fans during the autograph/selfie scene!