After discovering a Yeti on the roof of her apartment building, teenage Yi and her two friends embark on an epic quest to reunite the magical creature with his family. But to do so, they must stay one step ahead of a wealthy financier and a determined zoologist who want to capture the beast for their own gain.
Director: Jill Culton
Budget: $75 million
Box office: $189.7 million
When: Saturday 7th September 2019
Where: Roy Thomson Hall, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- The film was banned in Vietnam, Malaysia and Philippines due to a scene that included a map of the region with the Nine-Dash Line; a line used by China to claim a portion of the South China Sea. The film didn’t make it to these countries in light of territorial disputes.
- The film’s music was composed by Rupert Gregson-Williams whilst Bebe Rexha sung the title track “Beautiful Life”.
- It was originally titled Everest.
- Abominable marks Sarah Paulson’s first voice-acting role.
- Jill Culton had been attached to the animation in the early 2010’s but left the project by 2016. The same year, DreamWorks officially announced the movie and Tim Johnson and Todd Wilderman replaced her. In February 2018, Johnson left the film and Culton returned as director.