The Theory of Everything
A look at the relationship between the famous physicist Stephen Hawking and his wife.
New York: Monday 20th October 2014 – Museum of Modern Art, New York, NY
London: Tuesday 9th December 2014 – Vue West End, Leicester Square, London
Directed: James Marsh
Starring: Eddie Redmayne, Felicity Jones, Emily Watson
- Stephen Hawking lent his Medal of Freedom medallion and his signed thesis to use as real props in the film. He also lent his voice for final scenes in the film too.
- Stephen Hawking emailed Director, James Marsh stating he thought he was watching himself from Eddie Redmayne’s portrayal.
- At the worldwide box office, The Theory of Everything grossed $121.2 million.
- Filming took place around different parts of London, England.
- The film is based on Stephen’s ex-wife’s (Jane Wilde Hawking) book titled ‘Travelling to Infinity: My Life with Stephen’ and it took 3 years for the screenwriter to get Jane to agree on a film adaptation of her book.
Behind The Scenes
Share this Post