A frontiersman on a fur trading expedition in the 1820’s fights for survival after being mauled by a bear and left for dead by members of his own hunting team.
Los Angeles: Wednesday 16th December 2015 – TCL Chinese Theatre, Hollywood Blvd, CA
New York: Wednesday 6th January 2016 – AMC Leows Lincoln Theatre, New York, NY
London: Thursday 14th January 2016 – Empire Cinema, Leicester Square, London
France: Monday 18th January 2016 – Le Grand Rex, Paris, France
Directed: Alejandro González Iñárritu
Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, Will Poulter
- Leonardo DiCaprio who is a vegetarian in real life, was so dedicated to his role that he ate real raw meat for a scene in the film.
- Tom Hardy had to drop out of Suicide Squad due to The Revenant filming schedules being interrupted.
- Director Alejando González Iñárritu and Cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki planned to shoot the film in just natural light which meant only a few hours of shooting was available per day. The entire production was also relocated from Canada to Southern Argentina due to snow melting in Canada before filming was complete. Despite these weather conditions, the film was still shot in sequence as originally planned.
- The film has earned $443.2 million dollars so far, against its $135 million budget!
- DiCaprio said that this was his hardest performance of his life. To prepare for his role he had to learn to build a fire, shoot a musket, speak two Native American languages (Pawnee and Arikara) and studied with a doctor who specialised in ancient healing techniques.
Behind The Scenes
Share this Post