The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies
Bilbo and Company are forced to engage in a war against an array of combatants and keep the Lonely Mountain from falling into the hands of a rising darkness.
London: Monday 1st December 2014 – Odeon, Leicester Square, London
Paris: Thursday 4th December 2014 – Le Grand Rex, Paris, France
Los Angeles: Tuesday 9th December 2014 – Dolby Theatre, Hollywood Blvd, LA
Directed: Peter Jackson
Starring: Martin Freeman, Benedict Cumberbatch, Ian McKellen, Richard Armitage
- Some of the cast members kept props from the film. Martin Freeman kept his sword and prosthetic ears, Richard Armitage kept the original Orcrist-sword and Lee Pace kept his elven-sword.
- Principal photography was completed over 266 days.
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies grossed an amazing $955.1 million worldwide and is the second highest grossing film of 2014, behind Transformers: Age of Extinction.
- In The Battle of the Five Armies book, the whole battle lasts for just one chapter whereas in the film, the battle takes up half of the running time.
- Before Martin Freeman was cast, Daniel Radcliffe and Tobey Maguire were considered for the role of Bilbo Baggins.
Behind The Scenes
Share this Post