Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Thirty years after defeating the Galactic Empire, Han Solo and his allies face a new threat from the evil Kylo Ren and his army of Stormtroopers.
Los Angeles: Monday 14th December 2015 – TCL Chinese Theatre, Dolby Theatre & El Capitan Theatre, Hollywood Blvd, CA
London: Wednesday 16th December 2015 – Central London
Directed: J.J. Abrams
Starring: Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill
- The film had a budget of $200 million which is also the highest budget of a Star Wars film!
- The Force Awakens is set approximately 30 years after the events in Return of the Jedi. The film also begins a new Star Wars trilogy with the sequel set for 2017 and the third film set for a 2019 release.
- Whilst filming, Harrison Ford broke his ankle after a door fell on him. His injury postponed filming for a short period. Director J.J. Abrams also injured his back whilst lifting the door during Ford’s incident, but he kept this to himself and did not tell anyone for over a month.
- To make the film aesthetically similar to the original Star Wars trilogy, The Force Awakens used real locations and scale models instead of CGI.
- Filming took place at Pinewood Studios (UK), Ireland, Mexico, Scotland & Abu Dhabi.
Behind The Scenes
Share this Post