When a magnitude 9 earthquake hits California, an LAFD search-and-rescue helicopter pilot must navigate the destruction from Los Angeles to San Francisco, following the San Andreas fault to rescue his estranged wife and their only daughter.
London (World Premiere): Thursday 21st May 2015 – Odeon, Leicester Square, London
Los Angeles: Tuesday 26th May 2015 – TCL Chinese Theatre, Hollywood Blvd, LA
Directed: Brad Peyton
Starring: Dwayne Johnson, Carla Gugino, Alexandra Daddario
- San Andreas is the seventh highest grossing film of 2015 grossing a total of $373.1 million worldwide and $54.5 million in its opening weekend.
- Filming locations included Australia, Los Angeles and Bakersfield CA, and San Francisco. Filming began on April 22, 2014 and wrapped on July 27, 2014.
- Dwayne Johnson stated in an interview that the scientists the cast and filmmakers worked with said that everything in the script could actually happen as they are really 100 years overdue of a major earthquake on the San Andreas Fault.
- The cast did a lot of their own stunts because Peyton wanted the viewers to see the cast’s real faces.
- Dwayne Johnson was filming ‘Hercules’ (2015) when he was sent the script for San Andreas. He stayed up until 3:30am to read the full script from beginning to end and texted Producer Beau Flynn that he was ‘in’ once he finished reading the script.
Behind The Scenes
Share this Post