Million Dollar Arm
A sports agent stages an unconventional recruitment strategy to get talented Indian cricket players to play Major League Baseball.
Los Angeles: Tuesday 6th May 2014 – El Capitan Theatre, Hollywood Blvd, LA
Directed: Craig Gillespie Starring: Jon Hamm, Aasif Mandvi, Alan Arkin
- Million Dollar Arm grossed $10.5 million in it’s opening weekend and was fourth at the box office, behind Godzilla (2014), Bad Neighbours and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. The film overall earned $38.3 million at the box office.
- Filming began on May 30, 2013 with locations in Mumbai, Atlanta and Los Angeles.
- The film is based on the true story of two baseball pitchers who were discovered by a sports agent.
- Rinku Singh plays left-handed. However, Suraj Sharma who plays him, throws right-handed therefore they had to flip the image to make it look as though he was pitching left-handed.
- The CGI Disney castle has Indian music instead of ‘When you Wish Upon a Star’ which is the song usually featured in the openings.
Behind The Scenes
Share this Post