The former World Heavyweight Champion Rocky Balboa serves as a trainer and mentor to Adonis Johnson, the son of his late friend and former rival Apollo Creed.
Los Angeles: Thursday 19th November 2015 – Regency Village Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
London: Tuesday 12th January 2016 – Empire Cinema, Leicester Square, London
Directed: Ryan Coogler
Starring: Sylvester Stallone, Michael B. Jordan, Tessa Thompson
- The film earned $95.5 million against its $35 million budget.
- To keep the Rocky tradition, Sylvester Stallone requested Michael B. Jordan wear the famous American flag trunks that Apollo Creed wore in the other Rocky films.
- This is the first film in the Rocky saga where Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) does not fight and instead plays a mentor and trainer to Adonis Creed (Michael B. Jordan). This is also the first time Sylvester Stallone has not written the script for the Rocky films.
- Filming took place in Liverpool & London, England, Pennsylvania, Las Vegas, USA.
- During filming, Sylvester Stallone had to break up a fight between two boxers.
Behind The Scenes
Share this Post