When her father unexpectedly passes away, young Ella finds herself at the mercy of her cruel stepmother and her daughters. Never one to give up hope, Ella’s fortunes begin to change after meeting a dashing stranger.
Berlin: Friday 13th February 2015 – 65th Berlin Film Festival, Berlin, Germany
Milan: Wednesday 18th February 2015 – The SPACE Cinema, Milan, Italy
Los Angeles: Sunday 1st March 2015 – El Capitan Theatre, Hollywood Blvd, LA
Mexico: Thursday 5th March 2015 – Antara Polanco, Mexico City, Mexico
Toronto: Wednesday 11th March 2015 – Scotiabank Theatre, Toronto, Canada
Sydney: Sunday 15th March 2015 – State Theatre, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
London: Thursday 19th March 2015 – Odeon, Leicester Square, London
Directed: Kenneth Branagh
Starring: Lily James, Richard Madden, Cate Blanchett
- Emma Watson was in the talks of being cast as Cinderella but a deal could not work out with Disney so the role went to Lily James.
- Besides there being 6 versions of the glass slipper, Lily James did not wear it during film because it didn’t fit so the pair of sparkling Swarovski ‘slippers’ were added to her feet during post-production via CGI.
- Cinderella grossed $532.7 million at the worldwide box office against its $95 million budget. It is also the fourth highest grossing film of 2015 so far, falling behind Fifty Shades of Grey, Avengers: Age of Ultron and Furious 7.
- The dancing scene that made it to the final cut of the film was actually improvised.
- Lily James originally auditioned for the role of Anastasia Tremaine before being chosen to play Cinderella.
Behind The Scenes
Share this Post