Set in 1950s New York, a department-store clerk who dreams of a better life falls for an older, married woman.
France: Sunday 17th May 2015 – 68th Annual Cannes Film Festival
London: Wednesday 14th October 2015 – Leicester Square
New York: Monday 16th November 2015 – Museum of Modern Art, New York City
Directed: Todd Haynes
Starring: Cate Blanchett, Rooney Mara, Sarah Paulson
- Filming took place in Cincinnati, Ohio and lasted 34 days.
- The film is based upon a 1952 book by Patricia Highsmith, titled “The Price of Salt”. Highsmith retitled the novel in 1990 with the title “Carol”, when she republished it in the UK.
- Film4 had reportedly battled for 11 years to have the film made.
- Rooney Mara was first offered the role after her performance in “The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo” but dropped out to weariness. She later came back on board in 2013 when Todd Haynes signed on to direct.
- The film had a budget of $11.8 million.
Behind The Scenes
Share this Post