It’s the most talked about movie in the world right now and following the success of 2018’s Black Panther, it doesn’t come as a surprise for Marvel’s latest instalment Avengers: Infinity War to keep smashing the box-office records!
Since it’s April release, Avengers: Infinity War has grossed $1.6 billion worldwide making it the highest-grossing superhero film of all time and that’s not it. Here’s a list of all the records Infinity War has broken… so far.
- Highest-grossing film of 2018
- Fifth highest-grossing film of all time
- Highest-grossing film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Fastest movie ever to reach $1 billion (previously held by Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
- Biggest worldwide opening weekend (beating The Fate of the Furious)
- Biggest pre-release tickets sales
- Fourth best Thursday night preview sales of all time
- Biggest opening weekend for a Hollywood film in India
- Highest-grossing Monday in the month of April
- Biggest opening day film in Russia
- Third biggest opening day movie in China
- Highest-grossing superhero movie ever
- Biggest single Saturday in North America
- Biggest single Sunday in North America
And if that’s not enough, it could be on its way to grossing $2 billion worldwide to add another record to that list!
So whilst Avengers: Infinity War carries on doing its thing, we can look forward to Ant-Man and the Wasp in cinemas this July and Captain Marvel following next March before Earth’s Mightiest Heroes reunite in the next Avengers instalment scheduled for May 2019.